10 easy Multipitches near Gorroppu
Nearly everyone in Sardinia knows of the Gorroppu, the enormous gorge with extremely hard and overhanging multipitches. Unfortunately though, the Gorroppu is famuous for the really hard multipitches and not to be an accessible territory for the many.
We want to prove that this isn’t the case, and also we common mortals (those who get tired) can enjoy an adventurous day out in the wild wild area of Gorroppu.
The majority of these routes are at the “back” of the gorge, that is on the west side of Punta Cucuttos and the south side of Sa Forada ‘e sa Ida. To reach these multipitches you should drive to Sedda ar Baccas and walk about 1 hour, passing from amazing locations such as Sa Giuntura and the bed of the Riu Flumineddu. We have created a map you can navigate to reach the base of the multipitches. Keep in mind that getting back may take longer as the path is quite steep.
Name, Style, Height (m), Pitches, Max grade, Obbligatory, Creators, Year, Rebolted?
- L’ultimo dei Mocheni,spits & friends,230, 14,6a+,5c,Pibiri & friends,2013,
- Pitzinnedda,spits,200,5,5c,5c,Pibiri & Brokexe,2014,
- Lughe ‘e vida mia,spits & frineds,330,10,6a,6a,Pibiri & Erriu,2013,
- Los Compadres,spits,330,7,5c,5c,Pibiri & Carcangiu,2013,
- Tziu Basisi,spits,275,9,6b+,6a,Oviglia & Mocci,2005,
- Schiavi senza Padrone,spits & friends,370,8,6a,5c,Piras & Scema,2013,
- Terrae Incognitae,spits,235,5,5c,5c,Conca Mele Amatori,2013,
- Aiutati che Boi ti aiuta,spits & friends,540,12,6b,6b,Domenichelli Scano Scema,1995,
- Viva Viva la Galera,spits & friends,500,14,6a,6a,Azalea Beuchoud Gogna,1981,
- Da Mario,spits,270,7,6b+,6a+,Pibiri Erriu Carcangiu,2003